Thursday 26 September 2013

Two New Poems by Gez Walsh

I Am Pimp
I am pimp; I take your language and make it my own.
Your malleable words become mine to do as I wish.
What is your pleasure? What would you like me to supply you with?
I have a lovely pair of double entendres for you to look at!
Or maybe you prefer your expletives neat, and want full frontal titillation?
Do you want your words to disturb the mind and colour the soul?
What about something young and in your face?
I never judge; I like a bit of puerile myself from time to time.
Let my words play with your ears and wet your mind,
I can twist them, bend them, strip them, dress them,
 pay me your money and I shall supply them anyway you like them.
I am Pimp, I am pomp, I am poem, I am poet! 

Ten More Minutes, Please!
I feel your cold presence here in this room
See a fleshless vision through the gloom
I know it’s my time to walk with you,
But in my mind a few things I must do,
Grant me ten more minutes, please!
So I may again walk upon a golden sand
With the one I love hand in hand
Underneath the warm Mediterranean sun
With my legs once more enabled to run
Just ten more minutes, please!
So I may hold my children to my heart
And kiss their lips before we must part
Then sing out loud my favourite song
Amongst my friends where I belong
Then dance the steps of a thousand dances,
Relive the glares of envied glances,
To fight the fights I should have fought,
And teach the lessons I should have taught
I shall remember friends that have walked with you
These are things I need to do,
To swim with dolphins in a crystal blue sea
To meditate beneath a willow tree,
Just ten more minutes, please!
So before you bring down your razor scythe,
Let me drink my last gulp of life
Then reaper I shall willingly walk with you
Hand in hand to pastures new,
But grant me just ten more minutes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment